Survival is aided by people being able to communicate and work together.
WE ARE COMBINING LEARNING IN SPANISH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION TO SUCCEED IN A COMMON GOAL - SURVIVAL!!!!!
Enduring Understanding =
Students will learn about the importance of survival preparedness.
Essential Questions =
1) How can we help ourselves and our neighbors survive a disaster?
2) What supplies and abilities will we need?
3) How can we prepare now for future disaster?
1) Students will learn how to help themselves and their neighbors (both Spanish and English speakers) survive a disaster.
2) Students will think critically about what supplies and abilities are needed to survive a disaster.
3) Students will learn how to prepare for a future disaster, using both Spanish and English terms.
Physical Education Standards Addressed:
1) Students demonstrate knowledge of and competency in motor skills, movement patterns, and strategies needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
2) Students achieve a level of physical fitness for health and performance, while demonstrating knowledge of fitness concepts, principles, and strategies.
3) Students demonstrate knowledge of psychological and sociological concepts, principles, and strategies that apply to the learning and performance of physical activity.
Spanish Standards Addressed:
Part 1: Interacting in Meaningful Ways
2.Interacting and Collaborating with peers to engage in short, grade appropriate written exchanges and writing projects, using technology as
Plan and deliver brief oral presentations and reports on grade appropriate topics that present evidence and facts to support ideas.
World Language Content Standards
3.1 Engage in oral, written or signed conversation using technology
2.3 Present to audience of listeners, readers or ASL